The block system plays a vital part in a Drupal site. All content rendered on a site goes through a block and a region.
It’s essential to have a good understanding of how blocks work in Drupal.
In this course, you’ll learn about the block and region system in Drupal. You’ll learn how to add blocks into regions, create custom blocks and control the display of blocks using the Block Visibility Groups module, and so much more.
By the end of the course, you’ll have the required knowledge to create and display blocks using the custom block module and Views.
NOTE: This course is compatible with Drupal 8 and Drupal 9.
Modules Covered in this Course
- Custom Block
- Block Exclude Pages
- Block Visibility Groups
- Term condition (Used with Block Visibility Groups)
- You should be able to set up a Drupal site locally or on a server.
- You should be able to install Drupal modules.
- No coding skills required.
What you’ll learn:
- Learn what blocks and regions are in Drupal.
- How to add blocks into regions.
- Manage block visibility setttings.
- Learn how to exclude blocks from specific pages.
- Learn how to create a block using the custom block module.
- Learn how to create block types.
- Learn how to create a block using Views
- Learn how to use Block Visibility Groups module
Overview: Blocks and Regions (01:49)
Managing Blocks (04:59)
Using Block Exclude Pages (05:05)
Create Custom Block (07:44)
Create Block using Views (13:26)